Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A Fragrant Aroma

My time in Hong Kong this August was absolutely remarkable! Visiting with friends I'd met a couple of years ago in the United States and some I'd met last year in the former British territory was a great time, and I am so thankful for the opportunity to see them and catch up with what's been going on in our lives.

While there, I took the opportunity to get some physiotherapeutic work done on my back and neck, as I had been experiencing some pain, pressure, and discomfort in those areas. I feel much better after those treatments, and I am trying to faithfully continue in the exercises they taught me. This therapy should prevent further problems from developing in the future and thus keep my medical bills low.

My time at the international church was very enjoyable! It was refreshing to see their enthusiasm and excitement as Chinese, Filipinas, Myanmarians, United States citizens, and a Colombian worshipped together in unity and joy! It was fun to visit with some friends at a Chinese church and pleasantly surprising to see a lot of new faces there this year!

The aroma was truly fragrant, as is so beautifully described in the very name of Hong Kong the "Fragrant Harbor."