Thursday, November 24, 2005

Giving Thanks in China

Today was my very first Thanksgiving away from the United States. While I did miss my family and the wonderful times we have together, it was a very memorable occasion. This morning, I had a "kou yu" (spoken language) test. This evening, I had the pleasure of eating Thanksgiving dinner with some Australian and American friends, as they were so gracious to welcome me into their home. The meal was really delicious, as you can see from my first piece of pumpkin pie in China! However, it was strange to be eating Western food and also to be eating with a fork and knife again, as I have now grown accustomed to eating Chinese food, at almost every meal, with chopsticks. Above all else, today was a special day of giving thanks to God for all of the blessings of family, friends, and a wonderful life! Happy Thanksgiving!