Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Time Travel - Episode 3

July 6, 2005
Learning is a never ending process that involves all areas of life, especially those parts we often overlook... A friend of mine, his grandson, who is half-seen in the picture, and I went to a market to get some lunch from this shop owner. Later that day, we came back through the same market, and the shop owner wanted us to take some pictures together. He got out one of his extra aprons and handed me a duck. It was a real honor to be included in such an integral part of Chinese life. The markets are really bustling places here in Hong Kong, and you can get everything you need for very low prices. It is fun exploring new places, meeting new people, practicing my Mandarin, which a growing number of people understand and speak quite well, and learning about everyday life. My time here in Hong Kong is turning out to be more meaningful than I would have ever thought or imagined.