Monday, August 15, 2005

Beginning the Journey

As I write this first post, I have now officially been here in Hong Kong for over 2 months. It has been an exciting journey, as I have learned about meeting the needs of others. As a student, I am continually learning to respect the people who teach me. From the lessons I learn about life from my students to the instruction I have received from experienced teachers, I continue to learn and grow in my understanding of life. As a teacher, I am learning to grow and implement a variety of teaching techniques as I seek to impart knowledge and wisdom to my students. Sheung Shui, in the North District, has been my place of residence and work for the last 2 weeks. Teaching English has filled up most of my time, as I have taught at least one class everyday this past week (including Saturday and Sunday), but I have had some opportunities for recreation, as the above picture, taken at the Tuen Mun beach here in Hong Kong, attests. This "Student Teaching Portfolio" will be a continuing journal as I recount some of my experiences, as I learn from others as a student and as I have opportunities to teach in a variety of ways. I hope you enjoy these accounts! Peace.