Thursday, May 11, 2006

My Dad's Surgery

Thank you for your prayers and thoughts today for my dad! He is now resting and recovering from the surgery, as you can see my little niece encouraging him at the hospital.

My dad and mom left the house early this morning, around 5:15am. He had surgery prep starting at 6:30am. Surgery was from 8:30-12:45, and he got to his own room around 1:30pm. The surgeon seems positive about the outcome.

Overall, he seems to be doing well. His left thigh is much smaller since the large mass has been removed. The morphine he's on for the pain seems to make him nauseous. So, he wasn't able to eat much besides jello and some broth, even though I know he was getting quite hungry.

This evening, he had a very kind Chinese nurse, and a Filipino nursing student was helping with his vital signs. Even at this time, our Lord provides opportunities for us to meet many wonderful people!

Lord willing, my dad will be released from the hospital in about a week! Thank you again for your continued prayers on his behalf! God bless you!